Dilworth Hearing audiology
Our highly qualified team of NZAS-audiologists work alongside leading Ear, Nose and Throat specialists and GP’s, so we can recommend the treatment and care best suited to your patients and their individual hearing needs.
We will send you a timely hearing test report including the audiogram for every patient you have referred to us.
We will also inform you if the patient has been fitted with hearing aids so you know exactly what treatment your has patient received.
How to refer a patient.
The process once you have referred a patient is as follows:
When to refer a patient.
To assist you in deciding whether a patient should be referred to us, we have a screening questionnaire. The screening questionnaire is used to assess a patient’s hearing difficulties, determining whether hearing loss is present and to what extent it is affecting a patient’s quality of life.
This is made up of 10 questions about how patients cope with hearing in common daily situations. Results do not indicate the degree of hearing loss, but the perceived level of hearing issues. No specific training is required in order to fill out the form, the patient can also fill this out independently if that is easier for you.
If your patient scored 10 or more then we would recommend that you refer them onto us via the above referral methods for further investigation into their hearing issues.
Don’t hesitate to refer your patient to us today and see for yourself why doctors and ENT specialists have been referring patients to us for over 50 years.
Dilworth Hearing Audiology Services.
- Free hearing screening for adults over 18 years of age
- Full diagnostic hearing assessments for adults and children over 3 years of age
- Paediatric Testing – full diagnostic hearing assessments for children from 6 months of age (selected clinics)
- Ear wax removal by micro-suction (at selected clinics)
- Hearing Aids
- Auditory Processing (APD) testing
- Advice on and fitting of hearing aids, assistive devices and accessories
- Tinnitus management advice
- Hyperacusis Management
- Cochlear Implants (selected clinics)
- Bone-anchored hearing systems
- Advice on noise-induced hearing loss including ACC claims
- Advice on age-related, mixed and conductive hearing loss
- Hearing protection advice
- Advice on single-sided deafness
- Comprehensive post-appointment reporting to referring doctor (if applicable)