Hearing Aid Care and Maintenance.
Our audiologists can give you advice and information about caring for your hearing aids, and you can bring them into us for repair if you have any concerns.
Most hearing aid manufacturers offer a generous warranty period as well. These care tips will help you keep your hearing aids working effectively for longer.
- When your hearing aid is not in use, open the battery door to prevent draining the battery unnecessarily and to allow airflow inside the device.
- Dilworth Hearing provides a silica gel Dry Kit in which to store your aids.
- Wipe the ear piece and hearing aid with a dry tissue every time you remove it. Clean the hearing aid housing, switches, battery compartment and microphone screen with a soft brush at least once a week.
- Have your ear canals checked for wax every three to six months.
- Have a full diagnostic hearing assessment once a year.
- Have your hearing aid and ear piece checked once a year.