Updated: 8.00am Wednesday 20 October 2021
Keeping you safe at Dilworth Hearing: COVID-19 update
Our clinics are open for selected in-clinic appointments only under Alert Level 3 as directed by the Ministry of Health. Clinics that are in areas at Alert Level 2 are open.
The government has advised the following regarding Alert Level restrictions:
- Selected areas of Waikato are currently at Alert Level 3.
- Auckland is currently at Alert Level 3 (Step 1).
- Northland is currently in Alert level 2.
- The rest of New Zealand remains at Alert Level 2.
Patients in areas at Alert Level 3 (Auckland and selected areas of Waikato)
At Alert Level 3, selected in-clinic appointments are now available for patients where a delay in accessing our services will impact their ability to maintain functional independence and will significantly negatively impact quality of life.
If you feel you meet the above criteria and wish to book an appointment, please contact your local clinic or our friendly contact centre team on 0800 005 641. Find the details of your local clinic here.
We are continuing to reschedule appointments under Alert Level 3, there is no need to call us, we will be in touch to reschedule and establish if an in-clinic appointment is appropriate for your circumstances under Alert Level 3.
Patients in areas at Alert Level 2
At Alert Level 2, Dilworth Hearing clinics are open with increased safety measures in place. If you have an appointment booked, you are able to attend this as scheduled. If you are unable to attend your appointment, please contact your local clinic to reschedule.
We ask you to call your clinic if you would usually pop in to see the team. We may be able to support you over the phone instead. To find the contact details of your nearest clinic, please visit our Find a Clinic page.
For appointments at either Alert Level 2 or 3 – before you visit your local clinic
If you are attending an appointment, we ask that:
- If you are feeling unwell, please call us to reschedule your appointment.
- You only visit the clinic if you are well and are not experiencing cold or flu symptoms, such as fever, cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, sneezing or runny nose, or loss of sense of smell.
- You follow the relevant Government advice if you have been at a location of interest or in close contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19.
Increased safety measures to protect you and our team members
When you visit your local clinic, you can be assured that we have a range of measures to ensure the safety of both our patients and team members. These are in line with advice provided by the Ministry of Health.
- We are contacting our patients before their appointments to ensure they are in good health and haven’t had any other contact with a probable or confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Ensure you use the NZ COVID Tracer app or the manual sign in sheet when arriving at your local clinic.
- Please wear a mask or face covering to the clinic. If you do not have a mask or face covering, our team can provide you with a mask to wear. Appropriate PPE will be worn by our team to ensure their safety as well as that of our patients.
- Patients are asked to wash / sanitise hands on entry and our team members are washing / sanitising their hands at regular intervals throughout the day.
- We do ask that you attend appointments alone unless you require a support person.
- Regular cleaning of surfaces will be undertaken between appointments.
- Physical distancing will be maintained in clinic where possible.
We realise that the use of masks may make communication difficult so appreciate your patience and understanding as we introduce this step in our clinics.
You can continue to purchase batteries, consumables and accessories from our Online Store
Our Online Store has most items that you may usually purchase from clinic. Please note that due to increased demand and courier delays, deliveries of purchases from our Online Store may take up to 10 days to reach you.
Helpful information to help support your hearing needs
We want you to have the best possible hearing and are here to support you.
- Hearing aid batteries – these are available in our Online Store. You can also purchase hearing aid batteries at many supermarkets and pharmacies (which will remain open during the Level Four alert period).
- Selected consumables including wipes, optilube, dry capsules and dry cups – these are available at our Online Store. As some consumables are specific to your hearing aids, we may need to call you to ensure we send you the right product for your needs.
- If you are having any issues purchasing batteries or consumables, or have a query for an Audiologist, please call our friendly team on 0800 005 641.
- We have information available on how to care for your hearing aids and cleaning advice.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) please visit: