Buying Hearing Aids
You may be able to apply for funding, if your job, education, caring for dependents, or personal safety relies on a hearing aid.
We are also an affiliated partner of Southern Cross.
Your audiologist will help you through the process of applying for any of the following funding paths:
A partial government subsidy of $511.11 per hearing aid, this funding is available for first-time purchases of hearing aids, or replacement aids every six years.
This funding pays up to $900 per hearing aid. Any additional funding is usually covered by the patient.
Funding is available to some patients with a history of workplace noise, or an injury. ACC pays proportionally for Audiological costs (testing and hearing aids) based on percentage hearing loss relating to accident or noise exposure in the work place.
Talk to us today about a range of funding options that will make hearing aids more affordable.
Terms and Conditions
60 days money back guarantee
- Hearing aids may be exchanged for other products (of the same or lesser value), or may be returned for a refund, within 60 days of purchase.
- Dilworth Hearing reserves the right to refuse to exchange or refund hearing aids where the hearing aid (including its parts) have not been returned or have been damaged or lost.
- Any refund paid will be the amount paid by the patient only, which will not include any discounts or funders’ contributions (e.g. Ministry of Health, Veterans’ Affairs, ACC or insurance contributions).
ACC terms and conditions
ACC has increased the available funding effective from 1 July 2014 for audiological costs (testing and hearing aids) based on percentage hearing loss relating to accident or noise exposure in the workplace. Your audiologist might deem it necessary for you to have your hearing tested. ACC covers the cost for a repeat hearing test every six years. Depending on when ACC last paid for your hearing test, they may cover the cost of this test.
Government subsidy terms and conditions
This funding is only available for first-time purchasers of hearing aids, or replacement aids every six years.
Airpoints™ Terms and Conditions
Effective from 2 July 2018.
In partnership with Air New Zealand, Dilworth Hearing patients can earn Airpoints Dollars™ in accordance with the terms and conditions below:
- You can earn 1 Airpoints Dollar for every $115 (including GST) you spend when purchasing goods or services at any Dilworth Hearing clinic and present your Airpoints™ card.
- We may offer Bonus Airpoints Dollars on purchases of goods or services in clinic. These goods or services and/or the number of Bonus Airpoints Dollars may change at any time without notice.
- We may offer Bonus Airpoints Dollars direct to all or to selected Airpoints Members at our discretion. To qualify the client must have received communications direct to their registered Airpoints Number and may be required to present their Airpoints card before points are processed.
- Airpoints Dollars earned on appointments, hearing aid accessories, repairs (excluding the purchase of hearing aids) through Dilworth Hearing will be loaded onto your Airpoints account the next working day from the date of your purchase of goods or services having been paid for in full.
- Airpoints Dollars earned on hearing aid purchases only through Dilworth Hearing will be loaded onto your Airpoints account after 60 days of your purchase been paid for in full.
- Airpoints Dollars earned will be provided on the client contribution amount only and will excluded any third-party funding amounts. Third-party funding may include any monetary contributions made not by the client or client’s family (New Zealand Government subsidy, ACC, Veterans’ Affairs, Insurance, Ministry of Healthy fully funded, employer and others.)
- Dilworth Hearing and Air New Zealand reserve the right to deduct Airpoints Dollars earned through Dilworth Hearing from your Airpoints account if the payment on which those Airpoints Dollars was earned is refunded or dishonored for any reason.