We build long-lasting relationships and work side by side with GPs and ENTs to give patients the best hearing treatment. It is our reputation for clinical excellence over the last 50 years that makes us the preferred audiology provider of many GPs and ENTs in Auckland, Hamilton and Christchurch.
We offer high quality diagnostic hearing testing to provide an accurate diagnosis and provide a full range of audiological services. Our highly qualified team of NZAS-audiologists working alongside leading Ear, Nose and Throat specialists, means we can recommend the treatment and care best suited to your patients and their individual hearing needs.
Dilworth Hearing provides a full range of audiology services including:
- Ear wax removal
- Full diagnostic hearing assessments
- Hearing aid appointments
- Specialist tinnitus appointments
- Paediatric testing
- Cochlear implant programme
We will send you a timely hearing test report including the audiogram for every patient you have referred to us. We will also inform you if the patient has been fitted with hearing aids so you know exactly what treatment your patient received.
Book an appointment for your patient now.
How to refer patients to Dilworth Hearing
We are happy to accept referrals online through Medtech or Healthlink, handwritten referrals using the GP Referral form, or phone 0800 345 967.
The process once you have referred a patient is as follows:
- Patient will be booked in for a full diagnostic hearing test
- If hearing loss is found we will have a consultation to discuss hearing treatment and funding options. Or if required the audiologist will refer on to an Ear, Nose and Throat specialist
- 60-day money-back guarantee on all hearing aids
- Adjustments over a two-month trial period
- Annual reviews
- After six years patients can re-apply for ACC and Ministry of Health funding to upgrade their aids.
Don’t hesitate to refer your patient to us today and see for yourself why doctors and ENT specialists have been referring patients to us for over 50 years.
Hearing Handicap Inventory (HHI)
The HHI is a screening questionnaire is used to assess a patient’s hearing difficulties, determining whether hearing loss is present and to what extent it is affecting a patient’s quality of life. It’s made up of 10 questions about how patients cope with hearing in common daily situations. Results do not indicate the degree of hearing loss, but the perceived level of hearing issues.
Advantages of using the HHI as a screening tool:
- Quick and easy to use, both for you and the patient
- No specific training is required to accurately use the tool
- Patient can fill out tool independently
- Gives a good indication on how motivated patients are to improve their hearing.
Download the HHI form. If your patient scored 10 or more we’d recommend that you refer them onto us for further investigation into their hearing issues. See above for referral methods, or make an enquiry on their behalf right now.
We have a full time, in-house, GP coordinator, Tricia Hickmer, to help you with enquiries relating to your patients and how we can help them with their ear health.
Some of the initiatives Tricia can help you with are:
- Instructions on how to refer your patient to see one of our audiologists at their nearest clinic.
- Educational talks given by an audiologist at your practice.
- GP Practice Hearing Screening Programme – we can provide an audiologist to visit your practice for a half-day each month to perform free hearing checks for your patients over 55 years of age.
For your patients:
- Supply brochures about hearing loss, hearing aids and tinnitus.
- Discount vouchers offering 50% off the full cost of a diagnostic hearing test (valid with a GP stamp).
- Free hearing checks with a Dilworth Hearing audiologist at your GP practice.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Tricia on 021 0226 2811 for further information about any of the initiatives above.
The HHI is a screening questionnaire that is used to assess a patient’s hearing difficulties, determining whether hearing loss is present and to what extent it is affecting a patient’s quality of life.
A simple form to download, print, and complete to refer your patient to Dilworth Hearing.